Do you live in Opolskie, Pomorskie or Zachodniopomorskie voivodeship? Do you want to have a positive impact on Your surroundings and become a local hero? Are you interested in local history, culture, monument protection? Do you know any historic spots in your area that are worth giving new life? Take part in “Our Monument” competition. Call for entries will be launched on April 4 and will last till May 3, 2022.
Our monument is a competition organized by Most the Most Foundation for anybody who wants to positively affect their surroundings. The participants of the competition may submit the monuments from their areas that are worth restoring their former glory. Next they will be able to suggest an idea of how the winning monument may be used by a local community. The winning project will obtain the financing from Most the Most Foundation (up to PLN 1 000 000). The owner of the monument will use it for monument restoration and adapting it to the social function selected in the competition.
“Our monument” competition is divided into two parts:
- I Competition – choosing one monument in a voivodeship (start in Pomorskie, Opolskie and Zachodniopomorskie voivodeships – April 4, 2022);
Important – in the competition you may submit only the monuments entered into the registry of monuments, voivodeship or municipal monuments’ register. In the competition the monuments that are publicly owned (belong e.g. to local governments, State Treasury) shall be evaluated (churches and other temples that do not belong to parishes or religious communities do not meet the criteria of public property).
- II Competition – choosing the idea for new social function of the winning monument (competition launches at the end of June 2022 – upon announcing the results of I Competition).
“Our Monument” Competition is the project of regional and local nature. It is announced sequentially in respective voivodeships so as to finally reach the entire Poland each year. Most the Most Foundation has already held the competitions in the following voivodeships: Lower Silesia, Podlaskie, Łódzkie and Kujawsko-Pomorskie. I competition was finished in Lubuskie, Świętokrzyskie and Warmińsko-Mazurskie voivodeships.
So far over 2000 people have taken part in Our Monument Competition, submitting over 240 monuments. See which monuments have been submitted by the inhabitants of those voivodeships on the Map of Monuments.
The winning monuments:
- Kiełczyn Palace (Dolnośląskie voivodeship)
- Manor in Niećkowo (Podlaskie voivodeship)
- Palace and park complex in Kruszyna (Kujawsko-Pomorskie voivodeship)
- Manor in Uniejów (Łódzkie voivodeship)
The foundation will announce the winning monuments in Lubuskie, Świętokrzyskie and Warmińsko-Mazurskie voivodeships in mid-May 2022.
Participation in the competition – step by step
Everybody (every natural person), who wants to do something positive for the local society and the region, may take part in the competition. How to do it?
I Competition – choosing one monument in a voivodeship (call for entries April 4 – May 3, 2022);
- Find a monument in your area that is important to You and worth giving it a new social function.
- Check if the place you want to submit is for sure a monument entered in the registry of monuments, voivodeship or municipal monuments’ register and if it is owned by public entity (belongs e.g. to local governments, State Treasury).
- Take a photo of the monument.
- Fill in and submit electronic entry form.